The File Monitor task is a special type of task which can be used in two ways:
1) If a change is detected in this task, you can run another task.
2) The File Monitor task can also be embedded within a Chain task, and is useful for conditional task processing. If the monitoring criteria is satisfied, then an exit code = -100 is thrown. Else, an exit code = 0 is thrown.
The File Monitor task also outputs a variable called 'TaskTitle::Filenames". This variable contains the list of all files that satisfy the monitoring criteria. The format of this variable is #file1^#file2^#file3, where file1, file2, file3 are the names of the files, that have been modified. You can use this variable directly as the filename in other tasks (such as: copy, ftp, delete), to process only these files.
Enter the directory where your files are located.
Enter the filename filter for the files you wish to copy using the following wildcard rules. This field also supports dynamic variables. Using dynamic variables, you can select a file based on current date/time.
Task To Run
Select the desired task to run, if any of the selected criteria are met. If you want to use this task in a chain for conditional processing, select 'None'. You can also select multiple tasks, to run in sequence, or to run simultaneously. To run tasks in sequence, use taskTitle1|taskTitle2|taskTitle3. To run tasks simultaneously, use taskTitle1&taskTitle2&taskTitle3.
The Task will run, if any of the following selected criteria are satisfied. You can select 1 or more criteria.
1) File (or files) which satisfy the Filename criteria exists
2) File (or files) which satisfy the Filename criteria, as well as file size criteria. The file size is entered in kb, but you can specify 0.001 to 1000000 kb.
3) File (or files) which satisfy the Filename criteria, as well as date modification criteria
4) Total number of files in directory is greater or less than a certain value. This option does not update any of the dynamic variables.
5) Total size of files in directory is greater or less than certain value. The total size is entered in kb, but you can specify 0.001 to 1000000 kb.
Using File Monitor Task in a Chain