WINDOWS 2007 DST time patch for 6.x
(NOTE: if you are using 4.x or 5.x, you could
apply the same procedure below. However both 4.x and 5.x are well
past the End Of life period, and we can no longer support any issues
that may result from using the procedure below)
0) Make sure you are updated to latest 6.x version
1) If you are using NT service, Shutdown the NT service from service
2) Backup your data using the File menu / Backup menu
3) Shutdown Engine
4) Shutdown User interface
5) Browse to the Automize or AbleFtp or AutoKrypt or JaSFtp folder
6) Rename the 'jre' folder to 'jre_old'.
the latest jre for java 1.3.1 which includes DST updates.
8) Unzip it and you will get a 'jre' folder.
9) Copy and place this jre folder into the Automize or AbleFtp
10) Start user interface.
MacOSX 2007 DST time patch for 6.x
Version 6.x used java 1.3. Apple has neglected to
update the java 1.3 in MacOSX 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4 to account
for latest DST updates. If you are using 6.x, you have 2
1) Scheduler menu / Scheduler settings menu
Timezone field - set it to a timezone which is 1 hour ahead of your
This would work for the next 3 weeks since the 2007 DST is 3
weeks earlier than normal. You would have to reset it back to
your regular timezone after the 3 weeks has past.
2) MacOS X 10.3 and 10.4 only - Use installers below which are built
to use java 1.4.2.
Apple has updated java 1.4.2 to include DST updates.
Click Apple menu / Software Update menu
- If you do not see java update on the list of updates available,
then it means you have the latest java update. If there is a
java update available, please install it.
a) Backup your data just in case using the File menu / Backup menu
b) Remember the install folder (
/Applications/Automize or /Applications/AbleFtp etc..) and location
where you put the application icon (dock/desktop etc..)
c) Shutdown engine
d) Shutdown user interface
e) Use installer below. Make sure to
install into the same folder and place application icon in same
Automize 6.x installer using 1.4.2
AbleFtp 6.x installer using 1.4.2
JaSFtp 6.x installer using 1.4.2
Note: We have only tested 6.x extensively using java version
1.3.1 on macosx and windows using our normal macosx installer
Note: We have briefly tested the above installers to work on
our test macosx 10.3.9 system.
Note: On OSX 10.3.9 using java 1.4.2, NO JSEngine shows
up in the dock on our test system. However, on OSX 10.4 using
java 1.4.2 a JSEngine shows up in the dock (go figure). Do not
shut down JSEngine.