|Subject||Engine server cannot startup on port 1966|
I have installed the trial version of Automize 6.2 and the NT service module on my win2kserver service pack 4. I have successfully scheduled tasks and had them run from automize. I have also been able to get the Automize NT sevice to start. When I log out of my server the scheduled tasks fail and I get the following entry in you output log.
Apr 7, 2004 12:37:27 PM Engine server cannot startup on port 1966. Another server listening on this port? Engine is shutting down now
Please do the following:
1) Make sure that you use port 1965 on the Automize 6.02 front panel / scheduler menu / scheduler settings menu item / engine port field
2) Also make sure that you use port 1965 on the NT service module front panel.
3) Stop the NT service from service control manager.
4) Log off your system and then log back on
5) Now start the Automize NT service from service control manager.
6) Open the Automize user interface and check the activity log to make sure that the NT service module has started the engine on port 1965 If you still have problems, send us your Automize data files as shown below:
-- Sincerely, Hitek Software