|Subject||JaSFtp capability question|
|Message||I found your product on Internet and it wonder
if it can handle our needs,
We communicate batch files with external companies, the method used is our application saves a file on a specified in-directory and checks if there is a response file in an out-directory, if so we pick it up. We now need this implemented for secure ftp and need a solution there a sftp server pools the inbox and if it finds a file removes it and transfer it to a predefined tcp/ip address. It also needs to poll that address frequently for return files which automatically should be transferred to our out-directory. In other words we need a fully automated process. One final whish would be to have parallel set of directories so that abc-in is transferred to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and the return to abc-out while dfg-in is transferred to yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy with return file to dfg-out.
Please let me know if this is doable
Thanks for your interest in our products. Here is some information:
1) You can try and use JaSFtp . http://www.hiteksoftware.com/jasf/downloads.htm
2) It has a SFTP task. The task options are shown here: http://www.hiteksoftware.com/images/sftp_panel.jpg
3) There is a scheduler so you can schedule this task to run every 5-10 minutes etc.. This will automatically take care of your polling needs. There is also a SFTP monitor task, which is probably not required for your application.
4) For your application, you would need to create 2 SFTP tasks, one for the inbox and other for the return files.
5) Additionally, the product has File/directory monitoring tasks, copy/rename/delete tasks etc.. that can do peripheral processing if required.
-- Sincerely, Melvin Desilva Hitek Software