hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ftp exit codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Ftp exit codes Reply with quote

user question:

I have a question regarding the FTP Get function. If the ftp site has a file of the correct name, but it has a length of zero, the file is transferred, but the task exits with an error (exit code=1). If the file name does not exist at all, it fails with an exit code of 0.

Does an exit code of 1 always indicate that the file transferred, but the length was zero? For our application, a zero length file is acceptable, and I'm trying to create a script that will ingore an error if it does not matter (like this). If exit code 1 could indicate any other error, then how can I differentiate between the possible meanings?

It would be great if the help file listed the meanings of common exit codes.
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all tasks:
1) Exit code = 0 => task finished without any failure.
2) Exit code > 0 => failure occurred. generally the failure cause
in listed in the output or task or debug log. There is no documentation for the exit codes besides the cause listed in the logs.

We will have to test with a zero length file. I have never seen this issue reported before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> FTP & SFTP All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: