hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues with Automize 8 and Scheduler Engine ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
network

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Issues with Automize 8 and Scheduler Engine ? Reply with quote

I have noticed that the Scheduler Engine is not always running. When I attempt to start it manually and wait for the scheduled tasks to complete, they do not. I then try to manually re-run the scheduled tasks, and nothing happens.

The only way I can resolve the issue, is to close Automize 8 GUI, and stop it's NT service, and reboot the server. (NT4.0) Once rebooted, I am able to go in to Automize 8 and manually re-run the schedule tasks, and it will work for a bit, but at the next scheduled task time it does not run.

We have a schedule task that moves files (if any exist) from one folder to another every 1 hour.

We have a normal (non-scheduled task) that will ftp files (if any are present) from the destination folder (mentioned above).

Neither of these tasks are working properly. He have Automize 8 running in several locations, but only this instance is causing issues.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

FYI - I have log files available, but was not able to create a ZIP file from the Menu screen.
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and isolate the problem i.e. NT service issue or not

Shut down the NT service from SCM.
shutdown the engine and restart it from user interface.
monitor the schedules .. do they run correctly?
network

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, they did not run properly. I had to reboot the server twice.

The first time I waited until the scheduled task was suppose to run, and when it didn't I attempted to run it manually and did not run, or update the tasklog.

I rebooted the second time and immediately ran the task manually and it worked.

melvin wrote:

network

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have removed the Automize 8 NT service from the Windows NT 4.0 Server. Closed and re-opened the Automize 8 GUI, and the Scheduler Engine does not start. I attempt to manually start the Scheduler Engine and nothing happens. Automize 8 appears to hung on the screen, yet Task Manager indicates its responding fine.

I rebooted the server, verified the service was removed.
Looked the scheduled task logs, that monitors a directory, and if there is any files in that directory, it runs a seperate FTP-J task. The scheduled monitor task log indicates it sees files in the directory, but it does not trigger the FTP-J task automatically.

I had to manually run the FTP-J to get the files (that have been waiting hours) sent.

How can I place a support ticket via email, since that feature does not work from within the Automize 8 software. I would like to manually zip any directories needed and email in for further asstiance.

Thanks.

network wrote:
Unfortunately, they did not run properly. I had to reboot the server twice.

The first time I waited until the scheduled task was suppose to run, and when it didn't I attempted to run it manually and did not run, or update the tasklog.

I rebooted the second time and immediately ran the task manually and it worked.

melvin wrote:

Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which Automize 8 version are you using? 8.00 or 8.24 etc?

browse to the Automize 8 folder. Zip the 'data' subfolder only. Do not zip any other subfolder or it will get too big. email us this zip file.
network

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted the scheduled tasks and re-created them and this fixed the issue.

Thanks.

Robert wrote:
which Automize 8 version are you using? 8.00 or 8.24 etc?

browse to the Automize 8 folder. Zip the 'data' subfolder only. Do not zip any other subfolder or it will get too big. email us this zip file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: