hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JASFTP7 Auto Connection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decryptomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: JASFTP7 Auto Connection? Reply with quote

I am using JASFTP7 to SFTP an encrypted file from one server to another. I have set up a task to move the files and this works perfectly. The issue is when I have logged off the server, the connection is lost and the process will not automate since there is no connection. Is there a way that the connection can stay open 24/7?

A file might need to be processed at any time of the day and sent urgently and I need to make sure that there is a user logged onto the server running the client. I have set up the NT service so the application keeps running if logged off, but I lose the connection. Any ideas?
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Ftp connection CANNOT stay on permanantely. The Automated ftp tasks log on to the server, transfers files and then logs off. In the next task runs it does the same thing (log on, transfer files, log off).
Decryptomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right OK, thanks for the info. How do I tell the task which connection to use? I cannot see an option for it. Or am I missing something as to how it works? At the moment as a workaround I am leaving a user logged onto the server permanantly and that seems to work but is not an option in the long term.
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the task setup, there is a drop down list field for the 'profile'.

You should first setup a FTP-j connection profile and test it using the manual browser..
Then when you bring up the new Ftp-j task window, the drop down list will show the profile name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: