hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automize deleting SSH/SFTP-J profiles (Automize v8.17)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panickc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Automize deleting SSH/SFTP-J profiles (Automize v8.17) Reply with quote

We have about 30 profiles set up in SSH/SFTP and SSH/SFTP-J. (Many with the same name) I believe they are stored in separate config files, but when HiTek added the -J options, all of our regular SFTP profiles showed up in the SFTP-J list.

Anyway, the problem is many times when adding a new profile or editing an old one in the SFTP-J Profile screen, we lose some existing profiles. Of course we don't notice it until later when the ftp's start aborting with a 'bad string' error.

I really don't believe this is a fumble-finger problem where I accidentally hit the delete icon or select an existing profile and type a new name over it and save. But I know this may be hard to track down as a bug.

In the mean time, can the .jsd profile files be flagged as read-only to prevent this from happening after I edit a profile?

Thanks, -cp
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have not seen this issue before. We will check the Ftp-j profile window code.

Once you have edited the Ftp-j profiles, the FtpProfiles-j.jsd file (settings folder) should be able to be set as read only. Hopefully, the task does not error out when it runs due to this setting.
panickc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at work now, but I seem to be able to recreate the following problem.

I have an Apex HB profile in SSH/FTP and an Apex HB profile in SSH/FTP-J. Or the J one isn't really there, but it appears in the list on the right and may be coming from the non-J profiles.

Open SSH/FTP-J profile screen. Delete Apex HB. Exit Automize. Start Automize. Open SSH/FTP-J profile screen. Apex HB is back (apparently read in from the non-J profile file.

To me it appears that the J version of the software is sometimes reading from the non-J profile SSHProfiles.jsd file instead of the SSHProfiles-j.jsd file.

I also looked in these .jsd files, sorted them, and found a couple lines from previous profiles that had been deleted.

hope this helps.

-c
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update/analysis. This is good information to fix the bug. We will do so for the next patch update due this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: