hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automize FTP failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottohansen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Automize FTP failure Reply with quote

Hi!

I have a problem with my automize v 7.43 enterprise.

I have a couple of tasks grouped into 14 "main tasks" - with a schedule for each of these main tasks.

I have e problem with one of these tasks with a chain as listet below:
Code:
FTP GET from CUST to LOCALFTP where FILENAME = BORD128.000 (counted up to number of files on server)
FTP PUT from LOCALFTP to SERVER1  where FILENAME = BORD128.000
FTP GET from CUST to LOCALFTP where FILENAME = BORD512.000
FTP PUT from LOCALFTP to SERVER1  where FILENAME = BORD512.000
COPY from LOCALFTP to BACKUP (to have a backup of all files in case of error)

The procedure listed above is then copied using different filenames for various files I need. All these jobs are in one chain scheduled to run every 15 minutes.

Everything works fine, except once in a while the chain stops for some of the files only, the other files work ok. The problem is that when I "touch" a file on the CUST ftp server, the CUST ftp moves the file to a backup folder. Normally this is ok, but when Automize doesn't get all files, it still touches the other files and then I dont get the files next time the chain runs, because they are in the backup folder.

For me it seems like a problem with the FTP part in automize, but i don't know how to prove it. I can attach logs the next time the chain fails if wanted.

Regards, Alex
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) yes, you can send us the support file when this issue occurs again
http://www.hiteksoftware.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2079

2) Touching only make the files timestamp current time. So, it should not effect the task unless there are some permission or other issue involved.
ottohansen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

melvin wrote:
1) yes, you can send us the support file when this issue occurs again
http://www.hiteksoftware.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2079

2) Touching only make the files timestamp current time. So, it should not effect the task unless there are some permission or other issue involved.

Regarding the 2):
The problem is that I have to do a manual check every day to see if any of the files werent downloaded from CUST server, because when automize fails on a download (but it has tried) then the CUST server automatically moves the file to a backup folder.

But I'll monitor extra these days to see if the error occurs and then send the logfile to you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: