hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLM not working for chains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VincentMagnotta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: CLM not working for chains Reply with quote

I edit the values of a chain using addprop and the changes don't show up in the UI. The reverse does not hold true (changes in the UI show up in CLM listprop).

I used the output of listprop to create an addprop setting. Then I change the chain in the UI. I rerun the addprop and although I get correct feedback from CLM (the correct changes also show in listprop) but the UI does not reflect those changes to the chain!

How do I fix this?
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested and had no problem. CLM shows changes and the user interface also shows same changes (with 8.23) ..what version are you using?

post your addprop and listprop commands/replies here.
VincentMagnotta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: CLM commands Reply with quote

v.8.21

Task.PARAMETERS5=true
Task.PARAMETERS4=1
Task.PARAMETERS3=false
Task.TASK_TYPE=TaskTypes.CHAIN
Task.COMMENT=
Task.PARAMETERS2=TaskTypes.VARIABLES_SET|#|Set_TOR_Semaphore|#|5|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|100|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|TaskTypes.FILE_MONITOR|#|TOR_HasFiles|#|300|#|true|#|=|#|-100|#|Set_TOR_Semaphore|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#|true|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|TaskTypes.FILE_MONITOR|#|OUT_AMDB_HasFiles|#|300|#|true|#|=|#|-100|#|Set_TOR_Semaphore|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#|true|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|TaskTypes.FILE_MONITOR|#|OUT_BBH_HasFiles|#|300|#|true|#|=|#|-100|#|Set_TOR_Semaphore|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#|true|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|TaskTypes.VARIABLES_SET|#|Clear_TOR_Semaphore|#|5|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|100|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|
Task.PARAMETERS1=4
Task.PARAMETERS0=AIM_Dispatch_TOR
Task.TASK_TITLE=AIM_Dispatch_TOR
DATA_FORMAT=TASK_DATA_FORMAT_7
Example: to add a new key or modify an existing key value, use: clm "addprop::data\tasks\TOR_AIM\AIM_Dispatch_TOR|*|key|*|value"

------------------
call clm "addprop::data\tasks\TOR_AIM\AIM_Dispatch_TOR|*|Task.PARAMETERS2|*|TaskTypes.VARIABLES_SET|#|Set_TOR_Semaphore|#|5|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|100|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|TaskTypes.FILE_MONITOR|#|TOR_HasFiles|#|300|#|true|#|=|#|-100|#|Set_TOR_Semaphore|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#|true|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|TaskTypes.FILE_MONITOR|#|OUT_AMDB_HasFiles|#|300|#|true|#|=|#|-100|#|Set_TOR_Semaphore|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#|true|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|TaskTypes.FILE_MONITOR|#|OUT_BBH_HasFiles|#|300|#|true|#|=|#|-100|#|Set_TOR_Semaphore|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#|true|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@|TaskTypes.VARIABLES_SET|#|Clear_TOR_Semaphore|#|5|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|100|#|false|#|=|#|0|#|10|#|5|#|false|#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||#||@||*|"
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have 5 steps but your parameter1=4.
is that the issue?
VincentMagnotta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: parameters Reply with quote

I never set the number of parameters at all. Nowhere in the docs does it say anything about the number of parameters needing to be updated. We wouldn't even need to use addprops at all except that add:: doesn't produce chains the UI will process correctly. If you look back in the forum I was advised to use setprop since add messes up the chains.

So, do I need explicitly set the number of parameters every time I update the chain with setprop?
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to update parameter1 only if the total steps does not match..
if you add a step you would have to increment parameter1.
if you only edit a step and change parameters, you do not have to change parameter1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: