hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corrupted Zips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Corrupted Zips Reply with quote

Hi guys,

We started having an unusual problem with the zip task in Jaback.
On some of our servers where it is running Zip task creates corrupted archives, it happens absolutely randomly but is pretty much limited to an individual server. For example, from 5 zip tasks which run daily two can create corrupted archives, then for few days all zip files are fine, then it will happen again. Could you please tell which info you need me to provide so that you could have a look or at least provide some educated guess for me.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have patched Jabacks on all servers to the latest version but it was happening with different versions as well.
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there anything in the debugLog corresponding to the corrupted task run? anything in the tasklog showing an error?
razor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Melvin,
Thanks for your quick reply, debug log does not have any entries in regards to ZIP tasks.
TaskLog however looks a bit strange, here is the typical example of how it ends when corrupted zips are created (as if it just gets chopped off):

Archive/20090728/100200/eab6014568b3. Email..dat , Size = 4177 ,Ratio: (15%)
Aug 26, 2009 10:20:49 AM

Archive/20090728/100200/cb39c14b5ba8.Email.0.dat , Size = 3955 ,Ratio: (15%)
Aug 26, 2009 10:20:49 AM

Archive/20090728/100200/bcbcbb423183.Email.0.dat , Size = 4108 ,Ratio: (14%)
Aug 26, 2009 10:20:51 AM

Zip Directories - DaysZip - End Instance = 3 , Exit Code = 0 , Runtime (ms) = 1871634

All servers are running Windows 2003 OS.
Initially I thought that it might be something to do with the size of the folder or number of files being zipped, but this has been happening to various folders with various numbers of files in them, absolutely randomly. I ran those Zip tasks both within the chain and independently.

I was also wondering, if possible at all, maybe in future releases to include some sort of check if zip file is corrupted and if it is than perhaps ZIP task could throw Exit Code which is at least different from “0”.

Cheers
razor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think I have figured it out now. If folder or folders contain(s) the amount of files which is around 100000 corrupted zips are created, with around 40K-60K of files everything is working fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: