hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Able FTP issue with recovery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gefferyjones

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Able FTP issue with recovery Reply with quote

Good Day,

This is my first post so please let em know if I have missed something in the FAQ.
I have a version 8.28 of AbleFTP.

This is the situation I am running into.
I am using the CLM and running a chain from a script. Task 1 in the change looks in a directory for *.DAT files and then send this to an ftp site deleting the originals upon successful ftp.
The next task does the same to the same ftp site but this time with *.END files.

This is working fine as long as there are no exceptions.
The issue I am running into is this.

1. The chain starts
2. The connection to the ftp is broken
3. The task at that point goes into task timeout
4. The next task is run
5. But the files that were being worked on in the first task are still being held as the first task is still alive.

I understand about not killing tasks but I have tried the following:
1. If error >0 then skip to task 2, task 2 if error >0 skip to task 1.
a. I was thinking this would mean that when the line came back up task 1 would send the files not sent.
b. Nope did not send anything.
2. So I tried to set retry to 99 for task 1 if error >0 but again this did not resend the files from the interrupted ftp.

I truly have tried everything I can think of. I have set wait time to minimum, synchronization has been change to every setting.

Is this a bug or is there a way I can get this to work the way I need it to.

I need it to recover if the line is dropped or if there is an issue and send what has not been sent.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

GefferyJones
England UK
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which Ftp task are you using?
if using FTP, try the FTp-J and see it you have better results on detecting the connection breaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: