hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you make of an Automize return code of -532459699?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slanej

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: What do you make of an Automize return code of -532459699? Reply with quote

To the HiTek Community:

I'm pretty new to Automize, but it seems straightforward and looks like a great application, but I'm having an issue that I can't figure out.

I have a VB.NET routine (let's call it DDUMP.EXE) that we use here to dump data from some Excel files on a nightly basis. The problem is that the routine doesn't work from the primary workstation when run under Automize.

Here's an overview of the problem, and my attempts to solve it. Hopefully someone can help.

1) DDUMP.EXE runs on Workstation A (WSA) from the desktop outside of Automizer (i.e., I can double-click on the program icon and it runs just fine).

2) When the DDUMP.EXE routine is inserted into Automizer on WSA, it kicks off when manually run (via the "Task --> Run" button), but craps out with a return code of -532459699. The same happens when I schedule the event to kick off at a later date (using the scheduler).

3) I downloaded a trial version of Automize onto Workstation B (WSB). I made sure that both workstations had the same version/release of Automize (v 9.02) and had the same configuration for running both programs.

4) Again, DDUMP.EXE works from the desktop of WSB. However, it also runs cleanly from Automize whether scheduled or run manually.

5) I can find no apprecialble differences in the setups of WSA and WSB. I thought at first it may be a permissions problem, but that seems not to be the case.

So, what it comes down to is ???????. I have several theories as to what's happening. But I'd rather get some feedback from everyone who wants to reply before I try anything.

Bottom line, what is Return Code -532459699?

And, FYI, my boss is putting my nuts in a vise to get this done ASAP. I'm considered an Alto now. Please help before I become a Falsetto or, God forbid, a euncuh.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and help.

E.
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a non documented windows error code. It is likely due to the .exe failing and not exiting cleanly.

Things to check:
both systems using service or not?
both systems use same user account?
installed on same drive on both systems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: