Joined: 25 May 2006
|Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:52 pm Post subject: How to Enable AES256 in Version 9
|Due to US export restrictions, we are NOT allowed (legally) to enable the java unlimited crytography module with our installers. Instead the unlimited cryptography has to be enabled by the final user himself .
Our 9.x installers use java 1.6.
you will have to do the following if you used the standard installer which includes java 1.6:
2) At the bottom of the page:
Other downloads section:
Click on the download link for:
Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6
3) On next page, download: jce_policy-6.zip
4) extract the 2 .jar files from jce_policy-6.zip
local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar
5) Shutdown the Automize9, JaSFtp9, AutoKrypt9 or AbleFtp9 engine and user interface.
6) Browse to your main install folder (....Automize9 or AbleFTP9 or JaSFTP9 etc).
then browse to:
7) backup the existing local_policy.jar and us_export_policy.jar
8.) replace the existing local_policy.jar and us_export_policy.jar with the unlimited local_policy.jar and us_export_policy.jar files that you extracted.