Joined: 25 May 2006
|Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 pm Post subject: Upgrading from 7.x/8.x/9.x to 10.x
|Stop the old versions Service (if service is running). Stop the old version Engine. Close down the old versions user interface.
1) 10.x can be run on same system as the older versions. Install 10.x and open user interface.
2) Convert old version settings:
File menu - Convert 7.x/8.x/9.x data - Point to the old versions 'data' folder.
example: ......\automize9\data or .....\jasftp9\data
3) Generate new license key for new computer using information sent to you after your order confirmation.
4) If you have changed computers also: if you are using Encryption, you will have to export all the keys from the old computer keystore to a File. Then import all the keys back to the new computer keystore
5) If your passwords (FTP, Email etc..) do not work, then it is likely that you have set the java password encryption key. Settings menu / Password encryption. Make sure the encryption method and java key match both systems. Else you will have to re-enter all the passwords.
6) Uninstall the old version from control panel (windows) or delete install folder (mac, linux)