hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scheduled tasks do not run on windows service engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Windows Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Scheduled tasks do not run on windows service engine Reply with quote

User support request:

I need clarifcation on the Windows Sevice engine and what it does. I am
assuming that scheduled tasks (two are referenced) should run even when NO user is logged onto the server. Testing shows that scheduled tasks DO NOT run when there is not an user logged on. Am I doing something wrong?
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Your Service is not running Reply with quote

1) Yes, when the engine is started as a service, the scheduled tasks should run even after logoff and also on system startup (before any user logs on).

2) It does not look like your service is running. If service is running,
when you start the admin interface, it should say engine is running in the status bar at the bottom of Automize front panel. In your activity log it says that the user interface is starting the engine i.e. engine is not running as a service.
Oct 10, 2013 10:58:43 AM Administrator interface started
Oct 10, 2013 10:58:44 AM Launching engine:"C:\Program Files
(x86)\Automize10\jre\bin\javaw.exe" -Xrs -cp .;bin;help;bsh.jar;hitek.jar;jh.jar;mail.jar;maverick-all.jar;net.jar;sinetfactory.jar
com.hitek.engine.Engine

3) Your settings indicate that you entered the account info into the service window.
Did you click on both install and start service buttons?
Was there any error message?
Is the user account entered an admin level account?

Last edited by melvin on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Changing to network admin account fixed the issue Reply with quote

User Response:

I was able to "fix" my issue. I was launching the service using a local admin account; when I changed it to use a network admin account, the tasks ran as expected (no user logged onto the server).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Windows Service All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: