hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AbleFTP 8.29 possible video issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertlcarter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: AbleFTP 8.29 possible video issue Reply with quote

My company has just upgraded my laptop. When I installed AbleFTP, I downloaded the exe file from your site, entered the reg info, and applied the 8.29 patch. Whenever I launch AbleFTP, my monitor goes completely black. I still hear sounds, so it's not a BSOD or anything. If i happen to have the laptop plugged into a monitor, I can cycle through the video outputs (laptop only, monitor only, and laptop and monitor) and the picture will return. Would this have to do with the video driver or possibly the java version? Thanks!
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have not seen this issue before. which OS and which laptop make?

Java consumes more memory, but normally cannot control any system level resources.

In your settings, does AbleFtp start up minimized/normal/desktop icon? Change this setting and see if it makes a difference.
robertlcarter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response! Sorry for the delay in replying, but I fixed my own problem and wanted to let you know what was at issue. Dell Latitude notebooks utilizing the Quadro NVS 110M video adapter need to use the original video driver which was packaged with their systems (version 6.14.11.119). Using the updated NVS 110M video driver from the Dell site causes the blackouts. Although the Dell site no longer offers that version of the driver for download, a Google search found it for me. Thanks anyway for all of your help and this will hopefully help someone else down the road!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: