hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFTP task sequence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braneman111

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: SFTP task sequence Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am working with the software JaSFtp for the first time. In our company we want to automatize a SFTP job. I have succesfully connected to the SFTP server and have transfered files. These are the requirements for the process:

1. The program should monitor a folder and when a new file with a .txt is created the sequence should be start
2. we should create a new folder with a leading point and with date and time (.20100101100000)
3. the files should be transfered in this directory
4. the directory must be renamed (delete the leading point)

I have created several tasks that locally create a folder, complies with the requirements, and then the files are transfered. But now I am at the step where we should rename the folder in which the files where transfered. This seems to be the biggest problem.

Is this generally possible 1. to create remote a new directory and 2. rename a directory?

Thanks for the help and best regards,

Braneman111
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, our automated tasks do not have the remote rename function .. The make directory occurs if a file is going to be moved into it..

one option would be to backup to 20100101100000 folder and then delete contents of ..20100101100000.

another option would be to stage to .20100101100000 and set final destination 20100101100000.
braneman111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I think the best way would be to use staging. But the problem is, that the remote dir (.20100101100000) does not exist. When I define the remote dir in the SFTP profile like: Path\.20100101100000 I allways get: no such file or folder. Is there an option to create it before transfer?

When i create a directory localy and I want to syncronize it to the SFTP server (so that I can use it for staging) the tasks creates nothing (perhaps because it is empty?)

Ho you mean to backup to 20100101100000 folder? Which task I can use for it?

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

BraneMan111
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the staging function in ftp does not create a folder if it does not exist. we will add that to the 9.x wishlist.

Ho you mean to backup to 20100101100000 folder? Which task I can use for it?
I meant the ftp task with remote backup option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: