hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Some Scheduler Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melodyesch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Need Some Scheduler Help Reply with quote

Hi. I had posted this question before and deleted it because I thought I figure it out, but apparently not.

I am running Automize 9.0 and have numerous tasks setup as Directory Change, running for 1440 seconds and being executed once per day. They are setup as a daemon, polling every 30 seconds and then executing another task when a file drops in. That is all working great.

My problem is when I have to do maintenance. I stopped the scheduler and the engine and then rebooted the machine. Now, the schedules show as being active, but are past their start time and long before their next run time. Now they schedules do not detect the directory changes.

I read on the knowledge base in a previous version that there was a button to reschedule the tasks, but I don't find it in this version and can't figure out how to globally just reschedule all of the tasks to the present time after the system has been rebooted.

What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Melody
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the directory change task has to be scheduled carefully. You may want to set them as startup tasks that run on engine startup.

or consider switching to directory or file monitor tasks that run every 1 minute or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: