hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

invalid directory for zip file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlevine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: invalid directory for zip file Reply with quote

I am trying to create a zip task but no matter what I try, I can't get the task to run. I am using unc convention names and have granted Everyone full access to the directory. I am running on Windows Server 2008. The log files says "invalid directory for zip file".
Any ideas?

Also, I would like to set up the zip task so that it will create a zip file for all files created within in a specified month. For example it will run and put all files created in Jan 2010 in a zip file called 201001 and all files created in Feb 2010 in a file called 201002..... How can I accomplish this?
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Test the task and put the resulting .zip file into a local folder. This should let you know if it is a zip issue, network issue, or variable issue.
2) which program are you using? Automize Standard or AbleFtp etc?
rlevine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the zip working now. Thanks.

I am using AutomizeIt Enterprise.
Can you let me know how I can zip all files in a directory which are more than a month old and create 1 zip file for each month.
For example, if I have 4,000 files in a directory and the files have all been created over the past year. I would like to take all the files which are more than a month old, and place them in a .zip file with the name of the year and month they belong to. So all the files from January would be put in a file named 201001.zip and all the files from February would be put in a file named 201002.zip.....
I would then like to delete the files which were successfully added to the zip file.
melvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is tough/complicated sequence:

some ideas to help you.. try with a small test folder with about 100 files
1) 'File Loop' task - option days older than 30
for every filename obtained,
a) run a 'directory/File properties' task.. this should give you the month variable MM
b) run a 'make directory' task to make the directory MM
c) copy file to directory MM (maybe step b above is not needed if copy file task, also automatically creates directory MM
d) delete file
MM will be 01, 02, 03, etc..

2) after the file loop task has run and moved all the files, then run a zip task to zip all the directories 01, 02, 03.. you could use a For loop and for each loop pass the for loop variable to get the correct folder to zip up and correct zip file name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: