Joined: 25 May 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, california
|Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:18 am Post subject: Running 2 installs on same machine
|Sometimes users need to run 2 copies on the same machine:
example1: one copy run as service and another without service
example2: 2 users on multiuser machine, but each needs their own copy.
2 instances of the software can be run in 2 different folders, but they should have DIFFERENT engine server ports.
* Make a copy of the entire install folder (Automize10 or JaSFTP10 etc..)
* Paste it as Automize10_2 or JaSFTP10_2
* Copy and paste the desktop launcher icon as Automize10_2.
* Edit the desktop launcher link to point to Automize.exe in Automize10_2 folder.
* VERY IMPORTANT: both the Target and the working directory (start in) have to point to Automize10_2 folder instead of Automize10.
* Launch Automize10_2
* Engine menu - Engine settings - change the engine server port to some other value. (example increment port value by 5)
* save window, and restart engine and user interface..
If User2 does not need data/settings from original install:
* delete the entire 'data' subfolder folder from Automize10_2
* restart engine and user interface..
If User2 already has tasks in original install:
* browse to the 'data' subfolder folder in Automize10_2 using windows explorer.
* In the tasks and schedules folder, selectively delete only User1 tasks and schedules.
* Leave all User2 tasks and schedules as is.
* restart engine and user interface
In Automize10_2 user interface:
Engine Menu - Windows Service module.
Set Service name as Automize10_2
Enter user2 credentials
Install and start service.