hiteksoftware.com Forum Index hiteksoftware.com
User discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reformatting the Filenames variable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Monitoring Tasks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reformatting the Filenames variable Reply with quote

User email support request:

I have the task set up in a chain with an email task after it. Everything is running great and sending an email when the task finds modified files. In the email task I have placed the “TaskTitle::Filenames” variable in the email body to give a list of files. Is there an easy way to format this list in a single column of filenames rather than one continuous line of text? I thought of maybe using the Manipulate Variable task to change the “^#” in the output to a CRLF but I’m not sure it’s possible to do that.
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Changing ^# to CRLF or \n will not work using the Manipulate variable task because the data files are property files (one property per line) .
2) You could change it to ,[space].
3 You can also try using the Arrays / Filename to Array task. This will put them in a single column. Then use the array variable in your email task.
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

user reply:

The Filename to Array task looks perfect. The only problem I’m having is on the email, when I call the array it’s returning “null”. I’m using the variable as $%ARRAY--BigYFTP--Filenames%$ and when I check the variable data under menu Variables|Task Variables, all the data shows correct. Is there a different syntax for calling an array variable?
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the format to use:
$%ARRAY--BigYFTP--Filenames::ALLROWS%$

Documentation:
$%ARRAYNAME::FIRSTROW%$
$%ARRAYNAME::LASTROW%$
$%ARRAYNAME::ALLROWS%$
$%ARRAYNAME::FIRSTCELL%$
$%ARRAYNAME::LASTCELL%$
$%ARRAYNAME::ROW::rownumber%$
$%ARRAYNAME::CELL::rownumber::columnnumber%$

example: $%ARRAY--taskTitle--variable::FIRSTROW%$
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hiteksoftware.com Forum Index -> Monitoring Tasks All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: