NT service spawns multiple javaw.exe

Enter scheduler related suggestions, issues and bugs

Postby melvin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:10 pm

1) with no javaw.exe in task manager, if you start the service under bardg, does the javaw process under _svcautomize a/c still show up? if no, what is the sizes of javaw.exe when service is started using bardg account.

2) It could be an issue with RDP , NT service and java, which would be a nightmare to resolve. Have you tried to start the service on the server locally using bardg or _svcautomize a/c ?
melvin
Site Admin

Postby melvin » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:33 am

user response:

1. The javaw processes under bardg start when I start (X 2) when I access the Automize app. And schedules start. I've been checking the processes in and out of the Automize app., And when I EXIT the app. ONE of the javaw processes stop (under bardg) , the other continues , AND the schedules continue to run as per the below shot.(and the relative sizes)

2. The javaw under _svcautomize is ALWAYS running (presumably started by the NT service HitekService7.exe) .

SO , under normal working conditions, should there be two processes of javaw? Obviously when I log off (bardg) , javaw process which looks to be running the schedules, ceases.
melvin
Site Admin

Postby melvin » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:33 am

HitekService.exe is launched by the service manager . HitekService then launches javaw.exe. seems like you are starting the service with account = _svcAutomize.

1) stop the service
2) shut down automize user interface and engine
3) make sure there is no javaw.exe in task manager
4) go to service control manager. change the service logon account from _svcAutomize to bardg. (is this possible?)
5) enter password and start up the service again
6) after 3 minutes.. has the echo tasks run? check using the Automize7\data\logs\activityLog.jsd file.
7) what is the javaw details in task manager?
8) now start Automiz user interface
9) what is the javaw details in task manager?
melvin
Site Admin

Postby melvin » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:34 am

user response:

Rather than this I've given the automize account equivalent rights to bardg, and schedules run ok.
Has been running ok for about a week with the Nt service Period set to 9999 .
melvin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Scheduler