Bulk Email attachment field issue

Discuss email problems

Bulk Email attachment field issue

Postby Jamie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:00 pm

User support request:

I need to attach .xls files to my email. But if I want to specify to pick any .xls by using wildcards it does not work. I tried \.xls, \* as per the Help documentation and it does not work.
Jamie
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:03 pm

You should use the format specified in the help file on attachment field in section 2) below. So, you would use the following in the attachment field:
[DIR]c:\test[FILE].xls
----------------------------------------------
Adding Attachments
1) To add an attachment, type in the full path name of the file, into the Attachment Text Box. You can also use the "Browse" button to select the file. The format for the attachments is: AbsoluteFilePath1, AbsoluteFilePath2,...... Example: c:\data\test.txt,c:\temp\data.htm
2) You can also specify multiple filenames in multiple directories, by using the following format: [DIR]c:\your_dir[FILE]name_filter,............... Enter the filename_filter for the files you wish to transfer, using the following wildcard rules Example: to attach all files that end with .txt from the c:\temp folder, use: [DIR]c:\temp[FILE].txt
3) This field also supports dynamic variables. Example: To attach all files in the c:\temp folder, which has the current date (example: 06-21-02) in their filename, use: [DIR]c:\temp[FILE]$%DATE::pp-dd-yy%$ See dynamic variables for more details on formatting the date
Jamie
Site Admin

Return to Email