Cannot connect to MS Exchange using Certificate

Discuss email problems

Cannot connect to MS Exchange using Certificate

Postby melvin » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:58 am

User support request:

We purchased some time ago the Automize 9 wich was working okay into the following environment:
· Windows Server 2003
· Outlook 2003
· Connecting into Exchange 2003
But now that Windows 2003 server support is ending, our company already started to install the Exchange 2013 server and Windows 2008 and 2012 server.

So this is when the problems started with Automize. In the current server (described above) we are not able anymore to connect into theExchange Server 2013 through IMAP or POP3 to check messages on the server in a specific user account.
I have installed the version 9 in a new windows server 2008 + Outlook 2007 and still not working.

I’ve download the version 11 trial which have the option to select SSL or TLS and selected the port, but still not working. First the log was telling us about the certificate problem:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

So, I’ve read the tech support document telling about how to import the certificate into the keystore.jks file:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2979

but still not working, now we are getting this error message:

Aug 12, 2015 2:13:46 PM javax.mail.MessagingException: Remote host closed connection during handshake;
We are planning to purchase the version 11 because we also use anothers features like FTP, etc.. but I need make it work first.

Can you help me on this task? I’m also tested with another tool that download files from the mail server and IMAP works on that tool, with the same SSL and por 993 configured as the Automize 11.
melvin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot connect to MS Exchange using Certificate

Postby melvin » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:59 am

Self signed should be imported into the trust store (different from key store) and copied into the Automize\jre\lib\security folder..
Please read following article:
viewtopic.php?t=3006&p=5715
melvin
Site Admin

Return to Email