0) remove old version service
Old Version - User interface / Engine Menu / Service Module.
Stop the Service (if service is running).
Uninstall/Remove the service
Stop the old version Engine.
Close down the old versions user interface.
1) 11.x can be run on same system as the older versions. Install 11.x and open user interface.
2) Convert old version settings:
File menu - Convert 7.x/8.x/9.x data - Point to the old versions 'data' folder.
example: ......\automize9\data or .....\jasftp9\data or ...\autokrypt10\data
If you are also moving the software to a new computer while upgrading:
Old Computer - File menu / Backup - Backup to EMPTY network folder X
New Computer - File menu / Convert 7.x/8.x/9.x data - Point to the folder X above
3) Generate new license key. The information needed to generate a license key was sent to you via email when you purchased the software.
4) If you have changed computers also AND if you are using Encryption:
a) If you have just a few keys, you can export each key from the old computer keystore to a File. Then import the key into the new computer keystore.
b) If you have many keys, you can copy the contents of the entire KeyStore folder from the old computer to KeyStore folder on the new computer. The keystore folder path is listed at the bottom of the KeyStore Tab.
5) If your passwords (FTP, Email etc..) do not work, then it is likely that you have set the java password encryption key. Settings menu / Password encryption. Make sure the encryption method and java key match both systems. Else you will have to re-enter all the passwords.
6) If you were using Database SQL task to an ODBC database using the sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver driver built into java, your task will fail. This is because Version 11 uses Java 8, and the sun.* classes have been removed from java 8. You can contact us with your Database type and we will let you know the required JDBC driver and documentation.
7) Uninstall the old version from control panel (windows) or delete install folder (mac, linux)