Same Encryption profile. 1/4 tasks fail.

Discuss encryption/decryption issues

Same Encryption profile. 1/4 tasks fail.

Postby Jamie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm

User Support Request:
I have four different decryption jobs that use the same key pair for encryption and decryption. They all work on our old server with PGP Command Line 9.8. However, when I import them into Automize only 3 of the 4 work. The attached log file has 2 different jobs that are working and the one that does not. Thank you for your assistance.
Jamie
Site Admin

Re: Same Encryption profile. 1/4 tasks fail.

Postby Jamie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:58 pm

The logs indicate that the files were encrypted with 3 different public keys (XXXXXX6 , ... &XXXXXXXXD).
GPG error indicates that the private key ID XXXXXXXD does not exist in your keystore. Do you see this key ID in your keystore?
Jamie
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:59 pm

User reply:
Yes, it shows that but the all three are currently being decrypted in PGP 9.8 ( and the two that worked with Automize) with the private key corresponding to XXXXX6. That is what really confused me about the logs, that although it showed being encrypted with key XXXXXXX3, it is using the same profile as the one encrypted with XXXXXXX6.
Jamie
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Your decryption profile works with the private key ( XXXXXXX6) that is in your keystore. If you have multiple private keys in your keystore, GPG will pick the correct one to decrypt with.
However, the file that you are trying to decrypt has not been encrypted with a public key, that has a corresponding private key in your keystore. So, for the file that is failing, find out exactly how and with which private key it was encrypted with.
Jamie
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:01 pm

User Reply:
Currently, it is being decrypted with the same private key in PGP 9.8 software. I exported that key and imported into Automize. It is working in Automize with all of my other decryption jobs that use the same private key in PGP 9.8. Thank you.
Jamie
Site Admin

Return to Encryption/Decryption