public key not found

Discuss encryption/decryption issues

public key not found

Postby melvin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:20 pm

user support request:

we received a new public key from one of our partners. The new public key was imported in to the keystore and the key ring appears to be updated with the new public key. When we run the Encryption task that has the new public key we get an error that the public key not found. We have verified that the key is a valid key. Is it possible that our version of Automize is not compatible with the new public key? We have a license for Automize 10 so I tried encrypting with 10 and I got the same error. Here's the log. Please help.
melvin
Site Admin

Re: public key not found

Postby melvin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Looks like an issue because of Windows Service which is the default in v10. With service, all local folders have to be shared (not mapped) and specified in the UNC format. So, F:\.....\OFAC needs to be shared as 'OFAC'. then in your task use \\server_name\OFAC for the directory path. then test the task again.
melvin
Site Admin

Postby melvin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:22 pm

User response:

We have been using Automize for the last 6 years. All of our tasks have run just fine the way its configured. This encryption task was working fine till we imported the new public key. Once we imported the new public key and attached it to the existing profile, the encryption task quit working. I don't believe it a folder share issue.
Please advise.

Thank you

ps.. Just to clarify we run are running our production jobs in Automize7 but we also have a license for Automize10.
I ran this in 7 first and for grins tried in 10. Same error using both versions.
melvin
Site Admin

Postby melvin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Please read this article. Hopefully one of the situations applies to you.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70
melvin
Site Admin

Postby melvin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:25 pm

user response:

Our issue was Case #3.

Once I changed the Identity to the Key ID everything was fine.

Thank you!
melvin
Site Admin

Return to Encryption/Decryption